Der Schlüssel zum Erfolg sind nicht Informationen. Das sind Menschen.
Lee Iacocca (*1924), 1979-92 CEO Chrysler Corp.
GPS General Print Server for z/VSE von CSI International
GPS (General Print Server) restores and augments 328x print functionality in the TN3270 environment
- GPS is an optional product that is included with your TCP/IP for VSE distribution from CSI International – simply obtain a product key code for activation
- Compatible with a wide variety of network operating systems and network-based printers
- For printers attached directly to the network, GPS implements the HP Jetdirect Sockets protocol to communicate with the printer. For other printers, GPS uses the standard LPR/LPD function within TCP/IP for VSE
- More flexible than TN3270 printer support – GPS allows 328x print output to be sent to any TCP/IP printer
- Printing occurs without requiring the user to log on to the mainframe for a printer connection. As long as the printer or the associated Line Printer is available, manual intervention is unnecessary.
- Preserves VTAM LU name privacy for installation-specific security purposes. TN3270E compromises this security measure by allowing users to specify their own LU name.
- (Link zum Hersteller) https://www.csi-international.com/gps